Who is Adam Vacon?
Adam is a Certified holistic nutritionist and personal trainer based out of Midtown Toronto. He is passionate about helping people enhance their health in a whole and complete way. Adam is a personal nutrition coach to a wide variety of people, an avid wellness speaker and loves helping his clients get fit with personal training.
Adventures & Accomplishments
- Achieved a Bachelor's degree in psychology from McMaster University in 2009.
- Concurrently worked with adults with intellectual disabilities and mental health issues in residential and recreational settings.
- After graduating, his adventures took him on the proverbial backpacking trip through Europe in the summer of the same year.
- The following year, he ventured to Korea teaching English to school children from kindergarten to middle school.
- Upon his return, his passion for health and wellness grew stronger while attending the Institute of Holistic Nutrition earning his Certified Nutritional Practitioner (CNP) designation.
- While in nutrition school Adam worked part-time with kids with multiple disabilities and complex medical needs at the Safehaven Project for Community Living.
- He completed his internship with Joy McCarthy of Joyous Health assisting her with many projects, including research for TV segments, presentation writing and public speaking.
- While getting his health on, he earned his Can-Fit Pro designation as a Personal Training Specialist.
- In order to enhance his skills to help support individuals affected by cancer Adam completed his Wellspring CancerSmart™ Exercise Certification.
- Worked with Joy McCarthy as her nutrition wing-man at her Eat Well Feel Well class, providing feedback on student food journals and assisting in teaching the class.
- Providing in-home personal training services to older adults and adults with diverse abilities.
- Consulting a variety of clients and supporting their nutrition and health goals.
- Creating custom health blueprints for his clients.
- Public speaking on health and wellness topics for corporate and school environments.
- Working on a big exciting online meal planning tool and education tool for staff working with those who have specialized needs.